Yields: 6 servings
4 cup Quest® Multi-Purpose Mix Protein Powder
- 4 cups water
- 4 tomatillos
- 2 serrano chiles
- 1 garlic clover
4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Quest® Multi-Purpose Mix Protein Powder
4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cup warm water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Quest® Sea Salt Protein Chips
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 ounces queso fresco, shredded
- 4 eggs
Prep: 35min Cook: 45min
- Boil water in a large saucepan.
- Remove husks from tomatillos.
- Stem serrano chiles.
- Add tomatillos and serrano chiles to water. Boil on high heat for 10 minutes, or until tomatillos are soft.
- Remove tomatillos and serrano chiles from water and add to a blender with garlic, pepper, and 2 cups of the water from saucepan. Blend for 1 minute.
2 cup of the sauce from blender, and in a medium bowl combine with Quest Protein Powder®, chili powder, and salt. Mix until powder is completely combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Quest Protein Powder®, coconut flour, psyllium husks, and salt. Using a hand mixer, mix for 2 minutes on low speed.
- Slowly add butter at medium speed (butter does not need to be fully incorporated).
- Add warm water at medium speed until dough is formed.
- Spray two sheets of wax paper with cooking spray.
- Place one sheet of wax paper on the counter, then place a handful of dough in the center. Cover with second sheet of wax paper.
- Take a circular dish and press down on dough until tortilla reaches 6-inches in diameter.
- Repeat until six tortillas are formed.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Once heated, add tortilla and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, set aside. Repeat steps for remaining tortillas.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken, green onions, and queso fresco.
- Chop tortillas into 1-inch squares.
- Place Quest Protein Chips™ in sealable plastic bag and crush lightly.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cover the bottom of 9-by-9-inch baking pan with half of the tomatillo sauce.
- Layer half of the tortillas pieces over the sauce.
- Spread half of the chicken filling evenly over tortillas.
- Pour beaten eggs over filling, and top with half of the crushed Quest Protein Chips™.
- Layer with remaining sauce, tortillas, chicken filling, and chips.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and slice into six even pieces. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1⁄ 6 recipe