Yields: 5 servings
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- Nonstick cooking spray
2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Chocolate Brownie Quest Bars®
- 1 tablespoon plus
2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon chili powder
4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained (10
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon zero-calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Prep: 20min Cook: 25min
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay cauliflower florets on a medium nonstick baking sheet.
- Spray with cooking spray, and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Roast for 10 to 11 minutes, or until just tender (not soft).
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Place in a food processor and pulse until cauliflower resembles rice. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken pieces until just cooked on the outside and the insides are still pink (about 2 minutes). Remove and set aside.
- Reduce to medium heat, and add the remaining
2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir in bay leaf, cayenne pepper, paprika, cloves, cinnamon, chili powder, and black pepper. Continue stirring until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, peanut butter, and sweetener. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the unwrapped Quest Bars® for 25 seconds. Break apart and stir into simmering mixture until melted.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Return chicken pieces to pot.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink (about 6 to 7 minutes). Stir in salt.
- Divide cauliflower rice evenly among 5 plates.
- Spoon chicken mole over rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.
Serving Size: 1⁄ 5 recipe