Yields: 10 servings
- 1 scoop plus 3 scoops Quest® Multi-Purpose Mix Protein Powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
4 cups broccoli florets, chopped into half-inch pieces
- Large bowl of ice water
- 1 cup plus
2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 4 strips turkey bacon, cut into
2 -inch pieces
Prep: 15min Cook: 30min
- In a small pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes, or until slightly caramelized.
- Add chicken broth and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cover for 15 minutes, or until broth has evaporated to half, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add broccoli and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and place in ice bath for 2 minutes.
4 of the broccoli to a blender, and reserve the rest.
- Add chicken broth mixture to blender, and process for 10 seconds, or until completely combined.
- To the blender’s broth mixture, add 1 scoop of the Quest Protein Powder®, 1 cup of cheese, and sour cream.
- Blend until smooth, then add the remaining 3 scoops Quest Protein Powder®, one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated before adding the next one.
- Once fully blended, pour soup into serving bowls. Top with remaining broccoli and cheese.
- In a separate pan, cook turkey bacon to desired crispness.
- Mince bacon and sprinkle on top of soup. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 cup