Yields: 9 servings
- 4 Scoops Quest® Multi-Purpose Mix Protein Powder
- 2⁄ 3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 packet fast-rising yeast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1⁄ 4 cup plus 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 1 1⁄ 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 9 slices sharp cheddar cheese (18g per slice)
- 9 slices smoked ham (25g per slice)
Prep: 25min Cook: 35min
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add almond milk, and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Transfer warmed almond milk to a medium mixing bowl. Add yeast, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Add coconut oil, egg whites, and egg, and whisk together.
- Add Quest Protein Powder® psyllium husks, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum, and mix together. Spray an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Transfer dough to loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes.
- Slice bread into eighteen 1⁄ 4-inch slices.
- Heat panini press.
- Cut cheese slices in half and lay each piece on one slice of bread.
- Dice ham into small pieces and divide evenly among nine slices of bread.
- Close sandwich and spray each side with cooking spray.
- Place 3 to 4 sandwiches on panini press and cook for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and bread is browned and slightly crisped. Repeat for remaining paninis.
Serving Size: 1 Panini
- Calories: 210
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 9g
- Net Carb: 4g
- Fiber: 9g
- P/CAL: 40%