Prep: 15min Cook: 20min
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break Quest Bar® into small pieces and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place baked bar pieces, Quest Protein Chips™, and salt in a food processor, and blend to breadcrumb size.
- Stir in shredded coconut. Set aside.
- Set out three small bowls.
- In first bowl, mix together Quest Protein Powder®, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- In second bowl, add lightly beaten eggs.
- In third bowl, add breading mixture.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Take one shrimp, and dredge in the protein blend, then eggs, then breading mixture. Evenly coat shrimp in each step. Continue this process until all shrimp are coated.
- Place coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. If oil begins to smoke, it is too hot.
- Once heated, place several shrimp in oil.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place shrimp on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat until all shrimp are cooked.
- Let cool, and serve.
Serving Size: 1⁄ 8 recipe